Thursday, October 18, 2007

Manny


I would like to take the time to vent on my hatred of Manny Ramirez. Yes, I'm a Yankees fan and it's only instinct to not like the Red Sox, but he doesn't seem to really care about the game, which he actually said himself in a recent interview. He a kind off guy that when the pitcher is getting shelled and a ball is hit towards him, he slowly lumbers toward the ball, causally throws it to the cut off man, all with this look on his face that he doesn't have a care in the world about what's going on. As a baseball fan I can admit when players are good. I can admit that I think Boston's 1st basemen Kevin Youkilis is good player, and that Coco Crisp ( second on my Red Sox roster of hatred) make some pretty impressive plays in the outfield laying out for a fly ball. Manny Ramirez on the other hand I have no respect for, no matter how many homers he hits. He recently said, "If it doesn't happen, so who cares? There's always next year. " If I was a fan I would be insulted because fans always care if their teams loses, which is not a big priority on Manny's list. Maybe what he does isn't that bad and I'm a Yankees fan overreacting, but you know what, I really don't like the guy.

No comments: